ParaJVE : Parabellum's Java Vectrex Emulator   

Official Home of ParaJVE ... A travel through the programming of a freeware Vectrex emulator in java!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006  

Version 0.3.2

As promised, here is the latest version.

It includes all the stuff described in the previous post, as well as a slight change made to the dots removal heuristic (you can learn more about this in this old post).

Now that nearly every remaining dot is likely to be demanded by the programmer, their size has been increased a bit, so that they get more in evidence. This is rather useful in games like MineStorm (the inactive mines are clearly visible), or Cosmic-Chasm (now you can see the flashing dot on the caves plan!).

In a future version I'll do more tweaking and set a different optimal size for each game and/or add a dialog where the user can tweak the lines/dots width by his own means.

Enjoy the release!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Posté sur emufrance ;)

    a+

    Jets

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/08/2006 5:18 PM  

  • Oh what a wonderful thing you have done! I had a Vectrex when I was younger but took it apart and accidentally messed up the CRT when I was about 15 or 16. I had no idea what a treasure I had destroyed!

    Anyway, your emulator works magnificently and My family and I are grateful. We spent many weekends up late taking turns seeing who could capture the most trophies on Web Wars!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/09/2006 1:32 AM  

  • Ahhh yes, WebWars was also one of my favorites, along with MineStorm. Glad you liked it!

    If I may give you some piece of advice: Maybe you could consider grabbing one old good vectrex from ebay, there are some cheap occasions from time to time... Not always in perfect condition but hey, they're more than 20 years old now! :)

    By Blogger Parabellum, at 11/09/2006 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home