ParaJVE : Parabellum's Java Vectrex Emulator   

Official Home of ParaJVE ... A travel through the programming of a freeware Vectrex emulator in java!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010  

2010 is nearly over

Yup, 2011 is rearing its ugly head...

Therefore, I hereby promise that the 0.7.0 version will be released by the end of 2010 -- no matter how and when I will manage to do this! :o)

It got stuck for too long on my hard disk now, it's time to share. Of course, the user-guide, various documentations as well as some minor other stuff won't be completed as I wanted them to be ; but in the end, I guess you won't care too much about that -- Heck, I don't even know if you will notice it at all, indeed. ;)

I'm currently reworking the download page, since so many people seem to encounter problems while unpacking the old ZIP archives with the newer windows OS - be it Vista or Win7, then it's ready.
By the way, here's a quick tip if you have this issue : instead of using the windows "integrated" unpacking facilities, just use a third party unpacker (like winzip, winrar or 7Zip) to unpack the ParaJVE builds ; it often solves the problem...

So stay tuned for a really really near release!

In the meantime, to let you wait it out, here is a snapshot of ParaJVE running George Pelonis' War Of The Robots game (with a 100% original overlay I have designed for this game) :

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • I just stumbled upon your project. It's AWESOME! Glad to see you're releasing another update before 2011. I urge you to continue development since this is the best Vectrex emu out there! Great work!

    By Anonymous Dave, at 12/29/2010 11:19 PM  

  • Thanks Dave.

    The 0.7.0 release is about to be available online, it's just a question of minutes now :D

    By Blogger Parabellum, at 12/29/2010 11:41 PM  

  • Hi can i have permission and a source file of this overlay to have steven kray make one for me? My email is robertisrael338@yahoo.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/13/2019 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home